Looking forward to re opening!!
The smithy was in the ownership of the Holmes family for over 100 years. It was still in existence in 1935. At that time its best customer was the Quorn Hunt. The photograph shows a horse being shod by Thomas Broom, who worked at the smithy for over 30 years. 822
This photograph was taken from a Christmas card sent by Harold & Pat Cox, landlords of the Blacksmith’s Arms. It is thought to be from the late 70s early 1980s.